The Brothers Josephu

The Brothers Josephu
Young Josef at work...circa 1917

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Gustav Mahler

In my ongoing research into my grandfather, Josef Josephu, the Viennese sculptor, I am building my family tree. The main source has been both the help of friend Herbert Fischer or Vienna, and the web site MyHeritage.com. The more detailed my entries the more that web site finds connections to other family trees, which helps to add "branches" to my family tree.

Among the family are many artists and musicians, such as the violinist Florian Zajic. Recently we have confirmed a distant relation to famed composer/conductor Gustav Mahler, who was my grandmother's aunt's cousin. I can't help wondering of Josef ever met Gustav since they were both in Vienna around the same time.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment