The Brothers Josephu

The Brothers Josephu
Young Josef at work...circa 1917

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Trip - Day 17

Wednesday, June 15th

George and Brigitte pick me up bright and early, allowing for ample time to get to the airport and our last breakfast together before my flight home. It's a bittersweet moment for me.

My trip has been a great adventure. We've found the majority of of the works of Josephu we searched for, photographing and noting precise locations. We've had many laughs and enjoyed great meals and simple breakfasts together. my trip would not have been possible - and certainly not successful - if it weren't for George and Brigitte, my very gracious hosts. They have looked after me every step of the way, and shown me things I would not have had I been traveling on my own. They have made me feel a welcome member of the family, and I will treasure this trip forever. As wonderful as all of this is, I'm also looking to returning to New York, and to my life there.

There's still much work to do. not only look through all the mail that has piled up in my absence, but to sort through the more than 1,300 photos taken...and go through my notes for the blog....and to continue my research on the brothers Josephu. The items provided me by Renata and Dr. Weiss will require my attention so I may pull out relevant information to add to my biographic work.

I also need to return to business - to revive my acting career put on hold for almost two years during my mother's final days - and to get back to the efforts of my film partner and our company, Oroloro Entertainment, to somehow finance our projects. I need to return to my responsibilities as a Board Member of Screen Actors Guild and our effort to merge will fellow actor union AFTRA. ...to the upcoming SAG elections (where I hope to be re-elected)...to The Lambs ... and ym filmmaker networking group, IndieNights.

I need to send emails to everyone I've met along this journey, to thank Herbert Fischer and others for there assistance and friendship. I look forward to keeping in touch with all of them, and the newly-found family reunited on June 5th. I will certainly return to Vienna in a few years, and I look forward to breakfasts with George and Brigitte. Hopefully, with the finished tome on Josephu in hand, and perhaps a trip to Salzburg.

On my flight home on Air France I have ample time to review that past days in my mind, forever implanting these days in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment